1287 Windham Pkwy Romeoville, IL 60446
The CAD Designer is responsible for providing design and drafting using AutoCAD. This position requires a technical competency with the ability to read civil engineering specifications and design plans. You will work with a group of designers in a corporate office setting and provide support to customers remotely. You must be able to manage multiple projects, be an effective time manager to meet project deadlines, and effectively prioritize workload.
- Support the drafting department by utilizing AutoCAD v. 19 to create preliminary design layouts and budget estimates, approval drawings and shop fabrication drawings following company’ s design guidelines and drafting procedures.
- Review civil engineering plans to complete preliminary designs with general design criteria. You will complete drawings using an in house proprietary software program for bid aspects while working with Project Managers to ensure design intent.
- Review civil engineering plans to provide a detailed set of approval drawings that will indicate all pipe connections, access openings, outlet control structures and/or other design features. Must be able to manipulate 3D models by adding openings and design features to piece part and assembly models.
- Prepare detailed shop drawings utilizing 2D AutoCAD while adhering to company drawing standards and utilizing engineering design matrices and guidelines.
- Review completed work at all phases of design for completeness and correctness.
- Civil drafting experience.
- 2D AutoCAD skills are required. Experience with 3D modeling experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand civil plans sets.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with outside customers.