Automation and Controls Project Manager
516 N. Ogden Ave. Ste. 179 Chicago, IL 60642
- This position includes individual and team-oriented responsibility for the management, development, and application of automation and controls systems for energy efficiency, automated demand response, cogeneration and process control applications.
- This position is primarily responsible for Project Management and leadership of the implementation of controls integration projects that include internal and external resources.
- Internal resources include programming and modification of BMS Systems, PLCs, HMIs, and SCADA applications; developing detailed design and implementation plans; and testing and commissioning of automation and control systems.
- External resources include panel builders, electrical and mechanical contractors.
- Coordination and management of client projects – includes reporting and accountability of schedule, budget, project performance and quality.
- Project Accounting using Deltek Ajera
- Oversees and participates in project planning, estimating, scheduling, staffing, procurement and execution of project scope of work
- Maintains and manages client relationship and expectation
- Manages the project MOC process
- Communicates and coordinates 3rd party interface with vendors or construction contractors on commercial as well as technical related project requirements
- Manages several cross-functional matrix projects through the full project life cycle process
- Assists in the development and implementation of account and project strategies
- Supports Business Development sales efforts
- Support effort in preparation and development of project proposals and strategy
- Participates in proposal review meetings, client site visits and estimating efforts as required in the development of the proposal
- Ensure quality assurance and customer satisfaction
- Implement security methodology in accordance with stakeholder requirements in order to mitigate loss and risk.
- Ensure the assembly of all required documentation and user manuals created during the development process in order to transfer essential knowledge to customers and end users.
- Provide QC of the final deliverables that will be sent to customer to ensure quality and contractual compliance
- Lead project teams consisting of internal staff and sub-consultants
- Train and mentor junior staff
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Control Engineering or higher.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in industrial and commercial control system, design, programming, and commissioning.
- Three (3) or more years of direct experience Project Management
- Experience with Rockwell, Inductive Automation, Siemens, Opto22 and web development software desired.
- Experience with SQL database development desired.
- Experience with industrial mechanical systems such as refrigeration systems, compressed air systems, steam systems, and process control systems desired.
- Experience System and Project Commissioning
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code.
- Proficient with workplace software such as Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Experienced with understanding networks, operating systems, and Internet communications.