Machine Operator (3rd Shift, 4-6 weeks, $16 an hour))
2731 Loker Ave West Carlsbad, CA 92010
Required Skills, Training, and Experience to Perform the Essential Functions:
- High school diploma/equivalent
- Good communication, written skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removes parts from injection molding machine by hand or from injection molding machine parts chute.
- Visually inspects parts for pre-prescribed defects using naked eye. May correct certain defects (such as flash) using trim tools.
- Assemble sub components.
- Assemble shipping cartons.
- Package finished parts in storage containers or shipping cartons as directed.
- Product count when applicable, scrap sheets and properly identifying contents.
- May relieve other operators for lunch and breaks
- Perform other duties as may be periodically assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Lead.
- Basic knowledge of Continuous Improvement; Lean Manufacturing; 5S Methodology
High school diploma or equivalent
Ability to read and write in English
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, and time spent on the shop floor will be subject to standard noise levels in a manufacturing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.