21 Abendroth Ave Port Chester, NY 10573
Position Reports to: Director of Production
- Quality Engineer We’ re currently looking for a Quality Engineer to join our growing Production Department. This role will have direct interaction with manufacturers to improve both quality and efficiency on a daily basis. It will be constantly challenged by a rapidly growing and evolving company to bring innovation and modern manufacturing techniques to an industry ripe with opportunity.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in manufacturing quality, optimization, and process standardization at our contract manufacturing facilities.
- Partner with our contract facilities to develop and implement plans to realize improvement in timing and capacity.
- Develop meaningful partnerships with our contract facility’ s management and work force to leverage their experience and knowledge to drive process improvement.
- Through defect analysis of customer and installation team feedback, work to review, categorize, and investigate manufacturing defects to identify root causation.
- Drive continuous improvement both internally across peer support departments and on the production floor at each manufacturing location.
- Audit to ensure that implemented process improvements are successful and being followed.
- Update and document construction procedures in accordance with developed manufacturing improvements.
- Seek out and identify areas for improvement cross functionally both internally and externally.
- Build and maintain outstanding relationships while representing the standards and values
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- B.S. In Engineering Degree
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- Willing to travel +33% of the time (Domestic – East/West Coast + Midwest)
- Experience in project management required
- Experience deriving and driving process improvement initiatives
- Comfortable on the manufacturing floor working hand in hand with the work force
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Outlook, & Word
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting
- Familiar with Six-Sigma, SPC, and/ or Lean methodologies (certification in either is a plus)
- Self-motivated; can identify and drive improvement on their own
- Experience working with fabrics a plus but not necessary
- Experience in a contract manufacturing environment a plus but not necessary