Structural Project Engineer
1201 SW 12th Ave Ste 410 Portland, OR 97205
The Project Engineer will be responsible for managing all phases of a medium to large size project through construction. Has primary responsibility for budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, specification, and working drawings on a given project. Resolves structural engineering problems. Prepares design calculations and construction documents. Has client contact and authority to direct, control, and monitor all project activities.
• Education: Engineering degree from an accredited university.
• Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years experience in production and coordination of documents in all phases of architectural practice and in management of small projects desired.
• P.E. License.
• S.E. License a plus.
• Participate in office design charettes.
• Prepare structural calculations.
• Support design team and ensure that the design intent is followed through all phases.
• Integrate design principles with project design team and maintain design integrity through all phases.
• Primary role with the development of project details consistent with the design intent.
• Promote design quality and design collaboration.
• Collaborate with project design team for programming, planning, and feasibility analysis.
• Ensure that client goals and expectations are
• Coordinate with government agencies and resolve plan check and approval issues with the agencies.
• Review documents to ensure quality, coordination, and compliance with the requirements of deliverables in all phases.
• Ensure that client standards and all company protocols are followed.
• Guide and direct project team and consultants for appropriate materials and systems.
• Review documents for code compliance in all phases and issue code interpretations.
• Review and approve changes in collaboration with the project design team and client.
• Supervise and resolve issues in preparation of construction documents.
• Demonstrate capabilities of Construction Administrator.
• Responsible for the completeness of the specifications.
• Review cost estimates and conduct value analysis.
• Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
• Set goals, prioritize, and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
• Estimate hours for assigned tasks and finish tasks within agreed upon budget hours for the task.
• Meet with their personnel to discuss the evaluations.
• Manage projects, budgets, staffing, and coordinate billing.
• Prepare and manage work plans, schedules, budgets, staffing projections, and fees for large projects, and coordinate billing.
• Collaborate with design and production staff, construction administrator, and consultants.
• Work to keep projects within cost-saving measures; contribute to profits and revenues, and use resources effectively.
• Ensure that project conforms to contractual agreement with client, meeting all set budgets, goals, and work assignments for their project team that clearly defines project expectations.
• Understand contractual liabilities as they relate to projects including fee calculations,
Monitor and assist their supervisor in the collection of aged accounts payable for the projects.
• Prepare plans of action with their supervisor for resolving project related problems.
• Always be professional and respectful in interactions with clients, agencies, and consultants.
• Represent the firm at industry events.
• Have primary role in marketing interviews, writing fee proposals, and RFP selection process interviews.
• Maintain primary contact with client and have excellent follow-through with client to help get repeat work.
• Write and develop project marketing interview materials. Participate in project marketing interviews.
• Assist with Client networking and relationship maintenance.