CAD Drafter I
131 Saundersville Hendersonville, TN 37075
Assignment Supports: Duke Energy
Our client is seeking a CAD Drafter for their Portland OR office who will work as a member of a dynamic team within the Commercial Energy Solutions organization; specifically their Power Delivery division: an established group of electric utility engineering consultants that solve challenging substation engineering problems for the company' s utility clients nationwide.
The CAD Drafter will work under the mentorship of a seasoned CAD Drafter in a fast paced environment to perform various drafting and detailing functions using MicroStation and AutoCAD software for various utility clients. This individual is expected to develop skills in the field of substation drafting and the ability to work with increased independence.
In this role the qualified individual will be working closely with multiple design engineers and designers to complete Drafting and Detailing tasks at a high level of quality, efficiency and productivity as required for execution of substation projects.
The main areas of expected work are described below:
- Protection & Control, SCADA, Communications (Single Line Diagrams, Schematics, SCADA and Communication drawings, Control Building Layouts and Elevations, Panel Front Views and Cabinet Layouts, Wiring Diagrams, Interconnection Drawings, AC/DC Station Service drawings and other miscellaneous drawings as required by project scope)
- Physical Electrical (General Arrangement, Electrical Plans, Electrical Elevations, Sections and Details, Foundation Plans and Details, Structural Details, Grounding Plan and Details, Raceway Plan and Details, Equipment Vendor Files and other drawings as required by project scope).
- Support remote office overflow CAD workload on a need and availability basis. This will require coordination with other CAD leads in company offices.
Required Education & Experience:
- Associates degree with 1+ years of relevant drafting and detailing experience with AutoCAD 2013 and/or MicroStation V7/V8/V8i. High School diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of drafting principles, techniques and procedures.
- Proficiency with the manipulation of vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Ability to create and/or modify drawings from engineer-provided markups with a high level of attention to details.
- Proficiency with Windows XP/VISTA/7 operating system environments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience with file sharing, document management and collaboration tools such as ProjectWise, FTP, SharePoint, etc.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Ability to understand and implement a wide range of client CAD standards.
- Ability to perform tasks in a fast paced engineering/production environment.
Must Have Degree Requirements:
- Drafting and detailing experience with AutoCAD 2013 and/or MicroStation V7/V8/V8i.
- AS Degree w 1+ years experience and/or High School diploma with additional 2-4+ years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Not a Senior Role, Not looking for candidates retired, seasoned designers, management. This person will need to grow into their career and long term future with the client.