Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
9640 Bayport Blvd Pasadena, TX 77507
To provide the electrical and electronic support to plant engineering and maintenance departments in every day maintenance, preventive maintenance and capital projects.
Responsibility and Authority:
- Respect at any time EHS standards.
- Perform troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration and commissioning work on a variety of process instrumentation and electrical systems.
- Analyze and correct electrical and instrumentation problems.
- Repair and overhaul electrical and instrumental equipment and controls.
- Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, execute the day-by-day activities on reactive and preventive maintenance as well as the new installations and capital projects.
- Support the Site Electrical Engineer whenever required for verification of design and data acquisition or troubleshooting.
- Reports directly to the Maintenance Manager.
- Has no direct reports.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of electrical equipment, medium and low voltage.
- Knowledge of process control instrumentation.
- Understands wiring diagrams, single line diagrams and other E/I specific documentation.
- Understanding of chemical P&ID is a plus.
- Familiar with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), National Electrical Code, National Electrical Safety Code, and State adopted electrical codes.
- Ability to work independently, troubleshoot common instrumentation and electrical issues including VFDs and motor drives.
- Effective in reporting technical matters, cause of failures, test or troubleshooting reports and proactive in proposing solutions.
- Experienced with Emerson process control family of products.
- Hands-on knowledge of DCS Emerson DeltaV system and components is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an industrial environment.
- Experience in chemical plants with high level of automation, including DCS systems is desired.
- Associates or Bachelor’ s Degree in Instrumentation Technology, Electrical Technology or similar is desired.
- Hands-on Instrumentation specific courses will be taken into consideration.
- Department: Engineering and Maintenance.