Senior Project Engineer / Manager - Paint Process
38799 West 12 Mile Road Suite 100 Farmington Hills, MI 48331
We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer / Manager - Paint Process to work in our client' s Paint Finishing Engineering Group based in Farmington Hills, MI. This position can be a six month to direct hire or direct hire position.
- Senior Mechanical Project Engineer. Review design drawings (layouts, sections, details, bills of materials, general notes, legends & symbols). Create detailed scopes of work, technical specifications, calculations and construction cost estimates for mechanical piping and ventilation systems associated with Paint Finishing process equipment.
- Mechanical piping shall include but not be limited to: Sludge, coolant, chilled water, potable water, non-potable water, motor oil, transmission fluid, industrial waste, and compressed air.
- Paint finishing systems shall include but not limited to Washers – Dryers – Phosphate – E-coat – Prime spray booth – Prime Ovens – Color spray booths – Clear coat spray booths – Ovens – VOC abatement – Sludge systems – Air Supply Units – Paint Kitchen – Paint Circulation.
- Ventilation systems shall include but not be limited to: Mist collection, dust collection, washer exhaust, plasma treat exhaust, and room temperature vulcanization (RTV) exhaust.
- Responsibilities shall also include but not be limited to: Communication and coordination with project team members.
- Collection, organization, and distribution of information from customers, OEM’ s, and project team members.
- Participate in design review meetings, pre-bid meetings, bid clarification meetings, pre-construction meetings, and construction status and planning meetings.
- Review and respond to contractor document clarification requests (DCR’ s) and submittals including shop drawings, and bills of materials.
- Review contractor installation schedule and monitor/report progress.
- Review contractor installations and ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Develop and track installation punch lists.
- Monitor contractor daily markup of working drawings to reflect as-built conditions.
- Resolve design and installation issues.
- Assist in the preparation, review, and approval of bulletins and field orders.
- Be a mentor and technical resource to other DSI project engineers, designers, and detailers.
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education Required:
- Ability to Travel
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’ s License
- Personal Credit Card
- Special Invoicing Required
Skills and Experience Required:
- Mechanical Engineer (BSME) that has piping and ventilation design experience with Paint Finishing process equipment installation projects.
- A general knowledge of structural steel design and installation as related to piping and ventilation systems supports is also preferred.
- Other candidates will be considered.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project