AP/AR Specialist II - Temporary
28150 Industry Dr Valencia, CA 91355-4100
Summary: This role will support the Accounting Manager with coordinating invoice processing, issuing credit/ debit memos, preparing month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting site Sarbanes Oxley compliance & readiness. The job duties also include processing vendor payments, including coordination between various departments. This role requires timely and accurate processing of AR/AP invoices while ensuring audit controls and confidentiality of information.
The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a fast paced work environment with high volume paperwork, yet remains calm under pressure during busy seasonal operations.
Candidate will be engaged in driving process improvements within the finance function, including but not limited to AR/AP and operating cash flow position. This position will also be responsible for other finance duties and ad-hoc requests as needed.
a. Responsible for preparing weekly AP payments.
b. Responsible for obtaining required paperwork for new/changes to vendors.
c. Perform daily AP department operations.
d. Verify payments processed accurately.
e. Act as a liaison between the site and our shared services AP team
f. Ensure prompt transmission of AP payments to company’ s Central payables facility.
g. Promptly research and respond to all AP related inquiries from employees/ vendors.
h. Import and validate AP information/ files to BPCS/ SAP Payables system.
i. Prepare, review, generate and distribute various compliance reports.
j. Prepare AP general ledger entries & reconcile AP related general ledger accounts.
k. Maintain accurate AP records and files.
l. Support department for internal and external audits, including SOX compliance audits.
m. Support month-end close process including preparing journal entries & perform periodic balance sheet reconciliations.
n. Supports department in driving improvements to Operating cash-flow metrics in accounts receivable & accounts payable.
o. Document processes within the finance function in its current and future states.
p. Perform other related duties as assigned.
a. Monitor customer debit/credit memos and trace them through the system to assure proper rebilling.
b. Act as a liaison between the site and our shared services Accounts Receivable team.
c. Work closely with the Invoicing and Shipping Departments as well as all Customer Service Representatives and Sales Teams to ensure accurate invoicing and sales reporting.
d. Provide annual refresher training for site teams to help maintain accurate order entry and invoice processing
e. Prepare AR general ledger entries & reconcile AR related general ledger accounts.
f. Verify invoices and credits/debits processed accurately.
g. Promptly research and respond to all AR related inquiries from customer service representatives/ shared services.
h. Import and validate AR information/ files to BPCS/ Get Paid Receivables system.
i. Support department for internal and external audits, including SOX compliance audits.
j. Support month-end close process including preparing journal entries & perform periodic balance sheet reconciliations.
k. Document processes within the finance function in its current and future states.
l. Perform other related duties as assigned.
*Skills and Experience
· 2 - 3 years of AR/AP or related experience
· 1 – 2 years of general accounting or audit is desired.
· Sound understanding of accounting concepts including US GAAP.
· Working knowledge of AS400 or other time keeping systems will be helpful.
· Experience with month-end close, account reconciliations and audit is desired.
· Individual must have sound communication skills with analytical problem solving expertise.
· Strong computer skills, specifically MS Excel and ERP background.
· Presents highest degree of integrity and professionalism.
· Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
· A committed team player; must be willing to work with people from multiple disciplines.
· Must be able to multi-task and adapt to changing environment.
· Multi-tasked and deadline-driven while managing multiple priorities.
· Strong organizational skills; ability to adapt to complex and changing environments.
Minimum Education Requirements
High School or Equivalent