AV COLLABORATION SYSTEMS ENGINEER
6155 El Camino Real Carlsbad, CA 92009
The Audio Visual Conferencing team supports the modern workspace by creating meeting rooms that are easy to use, schedule and manage remotely through scalable, intuitive, flexible and secure technologies. We are a cross-functional collaborative team responsible for developing and deploying these highly-integrated enterprise audio visual systems. We work with the end-user community to develop enhancements and automations that improve existing systems while continuously improving the AV and Conferencing standards delivered to our end-user customer.
In This Role
- You will work closely with the Unified Communications and Collaboration team and the AV & Conferencing product owner to build and deliver the future state AV & Conferencing strategy for the Enterprise.
- You will help define and deliver enhancements and automations for how end-user customers interact with meeting and collaboration technologies, how these technologies are managed and reported upon. You’ ll drive day to day technical delivery of AV components required to support the AV & Conferencing service.
- This role will also challenge you to analyze and assess system architecture requirements to determine cost-effective solutions as well as evaluate and customize monitoring and diagnostic management tools that demonstrate system readiness and uptime performance.
- You must demonstrate and practice creativity, foresight and mature technical judgement in anticipating and solving AV engineering problems, program objectives and requirements.
What our ideal Candidate looks like
- You have a strong understanding of conferencing technologies and component capabilities, and bring creative strategies to simplify operation, automating end-user experiences and enhancing functionality through continuous evaluation and delivery of product releases. You have experience and awareness of system operation and reporting, and contribute to rapid detection solutions to support system uptime and availability.
- You' re passionate about success. You obsess over how to help your customers do their job and how the technologies you support enable their collaboration. You understand different people have different needs to be productive and strive to develop innovative solutions.
- You identify problems early, clear roadblocks, build trust with other teams, and communicate clearly and concisely. You’ re knowledgeable.
- You love sharing your unique skill set with others. You identify problems, propose solutions and drive implementation. You enjoy working with customers around the world. Challenge excites you. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, building, and reporting on the performance of your systems for a diverse set of customers.
- Comprehensive technical understanding of video conferencing technologies, including Cisco VTC endpoint, as well as software based solutions like Webex, Zoom, or BlueJeans
- 3+ years of experience providing audio DSP and control system programming
- Knowledge of sound system design and architectural acoustic requirements, audio gain structure, echo and noise cancellation, audio conferencing applications, and audio test and measurement.
- Experience with configuration and programming of A/V devices, such as control systems, audio processors, network switches and video servers. Includes support in interfacing both PC and MAC based computers to AV hardware.
- Knowledge and understanding of video resolutions, video scaling engines, EDID and video optimization practices.
- Knowledge of data and phone network infrastructures, topologies and equipment.
- Knowledge of IT, service-oriented architectures, software development life cycle, or information platforms and applications
- Excellent collaboration, problem-solving and decision-making skills with an ability to work on distributed remote agile teams with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Ability to develop and perform advanced testing, troubleshooting and deployment of routine updates of AV system components.
- Strong communication and documentation practices
- Ability and dedication to learning new technologies
- US citizenship required
- Up to 25% Travel
- Experience as an AV systems designer and commissioning agent for professional AV integration company
- Avixa, Extron and Biamp certifications preferred
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with managing complex AV integration deployments and vendors
- Visual Basic, C+, XML, .NET and VB.NET, Python, JSON experience a plus
- Worked in a team-oriented and collaborative environments, leveraging DevOps/Agile/SCRUM practices
Years of Experience:
- 3-5 years