AWS Operations Engineer
10814 Jollyville Road Bldg. 4, Ste 350 BLD Austin, TX 78759
You will collaborate with a diverse group of talented professionals who are as passionate about their work as you are, and are committed to delivering only the highest quality solutions. We are an agile team and this means you’ re empowered to deliver the best results, have the opportunity to influence all aspects of the business, and know that each contribution you make is significant.
This position works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority
- We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer with expertise in supporting our CloudBased infrastructure. You will be responsible for building and maintaining scalable, fault-tolerant production systems using the latest cloud computing technologies. The ideal candidate will draw upon technical background, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills that provides innovative solutions to support development teams. The candidate should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player. Candidates should drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with aggressive cross-functional teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.
- We currently use a combination of Ansible, Jenkins, Azure, Artifactory, and on-premises infrastructure to deliver our Java, Python, C, and C++ products and services. We’ re looking to refine our use of these tools, develop standard practices, transition to contemporary build and release methodologies, and improve our time to production.
Some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Recommending and maturing best practices and tools
- Analyzing and improving existing build and release lifecycles.
- Configuring Jenkins and build executors, developing Jenkinsfiles, configuring Jenkins projects, multibranch pipeline configurations, troubleshooting failed builds.
- Configuring networks, subnets, and firewall rules for both AWS and/or on-premises infrastructure.
- Configuring, administering, and troubleshooting *nix operating systems including block device management, partioning, LVM, SNMP, init.d and systemd services, application configuration, etc.
- Developing builds, pipelines, and storage solutions for dependency libraries and build binaries using Jenkins.
- Writing configuration management code for Ansible, AWS.
- Writing container code for Docker, Docker Swarm.
- Writing shell scripts for Bash.
- Working with other departments to requisition and configure new AWS and/or on-premises infrastructure.
- Creating infrastructure, application, and product diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Training and mentoring of software development teams on build and release best practices using Slack, Skype for Business.
- Secrets management using Ansible Vault.
- AWS administration and infrastructure development using AWS Console, AWS CLI, CloudFormation templates, Ansible, Jenkins.
- Nginx and Apache web server configuration and administration.
- PostgreSQL configuration and administration.
- Apache Tomcat application server configuration and administration.
- Bash script development and nix system administration using the terminal, PuTTY, MobaXterm.
- Infrastructure administration and development in multiple environments.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 4 year degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field;.
- 3 years of direct experience in DevOps, Networking or System Administration role.
- Able to communicate effectively and understand people, culture, and how large organizations operate.
- Substantial experience working on the command line with a ‘ nix flavor or equivalent.
- Experience scripting and automating deployments and management of IT solutions.
- History of building process and repeatability into your work products.
- Broad understanding of tools and technologies with a preference for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, and Git.
- Source Control (Git, Bitbucket)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Infrastructure Automation (Puppet, Ansible)
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration (Jenkins, Ansible)
- Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
- Orchestration (Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Cloud (AWS)
- Build and deployment of cloud based and hybrid-cloud solutions with Jenkins, Git.
- Strong operational experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting (Python, Perl, Shell).
- Experience with configuration, automation management, health checks, single point of failure, and notifications in AWS environments.