Additive Manufacturing Engineer
2980 N. San Fernando Blvd Burbank, CA 91504-2566
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Additive Manufacturing Engineer is to be the additive manufacturing champion within the engineering organization and shall serve as the subject matter expert for all things additive manufacturing.
- Has a deep passion for adopting additive manufacturing as a production process in Aerospace.
- Uses data-based decision-making tools along with a strong intuition to make clear choices.
- Create processes and procedures to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with Materials Engineers to investigate opportunities for optimization of existing and new materials for the production environment.
- Lead the machine commissioning process to ensure that new machines meet requirements and work with suppliers to resolve issues when they don’ t.
- Design experiments to determine optimal printing parameters and validate repeatability.
- Communicate with customers to ensure that processes and procedures are in compliance with existing and in development requirements.
- Design build layouts and create support strategies.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Astronautical or other Engineering field.
- 2+ years of experience in an aerospace manufacturing operations environment.
- 2+ years of experience with additive manufacturing.
- Experience Types:
- Experience with metallic additive manufacturing required.
- Experience additively manufacturing Titanium, Inconel or other Aerospace Superalloys.
- Experience qualifying aerospace parts in flight critical applications.
- Experience optimizing printing parameters for specific applications.
- Experience developing metallic material properties.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Strong ethical standards.
- Deadline driven with strong bias toward results achievement.
- Strong understanding and application of the following:
- Engineering Design
- Build Layout
- Support Design
- Design Optimization
- Post Process Development
- Process Optimization
- Scan Strategy
- Report Writing
- Project Management
- Customer Communication