19756 Prairie St Chatsworth, CA 91311 | Direct Placement
PEAK’ s client specializes in the design and manufacturing of rugged computer systems optimized for harsh environments. They have been busy with this recent Space Race, and need your help!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, development and test of new products as well as supporting existing products.
- Responsible for concept Analog design, parts selection, design simulation, detailed design, schematic and PWB Design Rules creation.
- Support card layout, debugging and verification.
- Support system integration working with Software, Systems, and Mechanical Engineers.
- Customer support as they integrate our products into their systems.
- Lead special Research & Development project activities or investigations within the Electronic Engineering discipline.
- Lead and coordinate all activities necessary to complete electrical engineering project.
- Manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous activities.
- Lead tasks to improve the overall design process.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 10+ years of Analog Design experience with mil-spec or space programs.
- Solid analog design and debugging skills.
- Experience with development tools for design capture, simulation, and debug. In particular experience with OrCAD Schematic Capture, PSpice (Hyper lynx is a Plus).
- Design experience with the following Analog Interfaces: RTDs, LVDTs, Unipolar and Differential ADCs, DACs, current sensing, different types of motor controls and servos is required. Synchro-Resolver interfaces experience is plus.
- Design experience with DC to DC power supply (10-250W), 1kW+ is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with EMI/EMC principals and ESD and lightning protection, a plus.
- Familiar with Worst Case circuit analysis, high reliability components, failure rate calculation principles, radiation effects (SEE and TID) on semiconductors is required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as cohesively within a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering. MS preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the United States