Application and Field Engineering - Defense
4700 West 10th Street Indianapolis, IN 46222
- Facilitate global OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and government inquiries, Application Engineering support and training for wheeled and tracked vehicle applications
- Using engineering tools and tech data, review and evaluate acceptability of transmission in OEM vehicle applications
- Perform transmission installation reviews at OEM facilities
- Provide Application Engineering support to program teams and technical reviews
- Coordinate engine integration design activities
- Identify key Application Engineering deadlines
- Survey global Application Engineering regarding product needs or expectations
- Prepare specifications for new products
- Provide field support for cross drive transmissions
- Support logistics analysis for cross drive products in the way of manuals, packaging and provisioning
- Troubleshoot cross drive transmission field problems
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum of 5 years experience required
- Proficiency in written and spoken English required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to communicate technical issues to varied audiences.
- Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, provides leadership/motivation.
- Mechanical aptitude or background knowledge of automatic transmissions and diesel engines.
- Travel up to 25% required.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Willingness to take on additional workload.
- Drive for efficiency and improvement.
- Transmission, Engine and Controls Set-Up
- Experience with drive train and drive line evaluation and analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of transmission components or comparable products.
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics.
Additional / Travel:
- Travel 25% US Only to Customer OEM Sites. 85% customer is in the Tri-State Area – Metro-Detroit MI a primary
- (Note: Requires availability of credit card for hotel and plan reservations.)
- Most US Flights and Hotel will be booked directly & Expenses will be reimbursed