1880 Waycross Road Cincinnati, OH 45240
Works closely with architectural design and technical leadership as well as engineering discipline project leads to design, develop, document, observe and administer the construction of complex program driven facilities.
- Prepares or assists in preparing project pro-service budget estimates and design schedules
- Monitors the progress of design work and facilitates adjustments in the work flow to maintain performance
- Prepares quantitative data (e.g. material take-offs) to support construction cost estimates
- Monitors architectural project scope development and changes, tracking adjustments to the projected project construction cost
- Researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval
- Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with Detailed Design Documents
- May prepare client project presentations studies, and reports
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans.
- May direct, supervise and check activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project
- Expert understanding of building materials and systems, methods of construction and the integration of building services, structure, building core and envelope elements.
- Responsible for project technical quality and timely delivery of architecture deliverables.
- Meets with clients, client representatives, constructors to discuss technical aspects of project design, delivery, and construction.
- Understands and conversant in technical issues relating to sustainability and energy conservation.
- Provides general technical expertise for the department, mentors architecture staff, participates in QC peer review of projects other than their own.
- May assist in maintaining and developing department master specifications.
- Plans, programs, designs, authors, coordinates, and supervises construction of building projects for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and revising project budgets and schedules.
- Minimum 15+ years experience, BA/BS or BArch, Registered Architect in the U.S. and other countries with applicable requirements.
- Licensure Required.
- Preference of work in Biotech or Pharma industries
- Project Lead Architect on large scale programs
- Preference to be LEED Accredited
- Revit & Sketchup experience required