6100 Bandera Rd Ste 800 San Antonio, Texas 78238 | Contract to Direct
Independently performs a wide variety of conventional and moderately-complex architectural assignments by applying architectural design standards, practices, and techniques. The incumbent at this level regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in developing challenging assignments, management of the design team and is comfortable meeting with clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use of Revit.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Bluebeam Revu.
- Participate in client programming requirement meetings and charrettes.
- Strong understanding of the International Building Codes.
- Recommendation and selection of building systems and materials.
- Prepare and revise documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, details.
- Coordinate all disciplines (civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.)
- Coordinate and direct external consultants including evaluation of quality and progress of work.
- Review shop drawings and submittals, respond to RFIs.
- Assist in the preparation of specifications in coordination with building plans and the specifications writer. Knowledge of SpecsIntact is preferred.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on projects.
- Some travel required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Architecture (or equivalent) is required with a minimum of 5 to 8 years of relevant experience, or Master’ s degree and 5+ years related experience.
- Professional registration is Required at this level.
- Experienced in client interaction.
- Experience with Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) is preferred.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required.
- Applicants selected for employment may be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
- Strong organizational, oral and communication skills.
- Display professionalism and responsibility.
- Submit resume and examples of work.
- Work effectively with other team members.