9855 Carroll Canyon Rd. San Diego, CA 92131
Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of repetitive and non-repetitive bench or line mechanical subassembly and assembly operations of a semi-skilled nature to produce products, also making required minor adjustments in the assemblies as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows production drawings, sample assemblies and verbal instructions with close supervision. Understands and applies established acceptable workmanship practices to all facets of mechanical assembly.
- Interprets and works from drawings, work instructions and bills of material to understand the required parts and steps needed to complete the assigned assembly.
- Works on assembled components, requiring manual dexterity and the ability to work with simple hand tools, soldering equipment.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools to perform skilled fitting and assembly work. Inspect parts and performs basic tests.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
- Follows safety procedures in the use and handling of flammable and hazardous chemicals required to meet all cleanliness specifications.
- Must be able to follow specific procedures and detailed instructions completely.
- Ensures that quality checks are completed throughout the manufacturing process.
- May perform hand soldering using a soldering iron.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
- One year of experience in mechanical assembly preferred.
- Experienced in using hand tools and some power tools (power drills, sanders, etc,)
- Basic level understanding of mechanical hardware (nuts, bolts, screws, etc.) assembly.
- Basic level knowledge of blueprints, Bill of Materials and mechanical drawings,
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language at a level that allows for the comprehension of detailed instructions and the legible completion of paperwork.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Exhibits mechanical aptitude.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Requires ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Understanding of 5S and Lean Manufacturing practices is a plus.
- Must be available to work overtime during the week and Saturday.
- The physical/mental demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuous and repetitive motion of hands and fingers
- Frequent reaching with hands and arms
- Frequent reaching above/below shoulder level
- Sitting, standing and/or walking for prolonged periods of time
- Frequent pulling, pushing, carrying and lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Occasional twisting at the waist/neck
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, vapors, fumes and toxic/caustic chemicals