Assembler/Technician (Catheters) - 1st Shift
610 Palomar Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085 Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Participates as a team member in the product development process from concept through market introduction and in ongoing manufacturing on a contract basis for client companies.
Must have Medical Catheter experience
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble, test and package complex mechanical devices following written instructions.
- Perform incoming and in-process inspection and testing of components as required.
- Supports material handling from receiving, and inspection through inventory and kitting.
- Work with engineers and technicians to develop and improve assembly methods.
- Maintain accurate work records such as job travelers.
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all job functions.
- Operates computer, laboratory and manufacturing equipment as required.
- Other equipment includes pouch sealer, tray sealer, UV light wand, microscopes, Instron force testing machine, and custom built assembly fixtures/tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Welding experience
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of assembly experience in medical devices.
- Must be able to move throughout laboratory and manufacturing spaces, using a variety of equipment, fixtures and tools.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to assembly small parts with steady hands
- Able and willing to work in a controlled environment assembly area, wearing gowns and gloves.
- Able and willing to work in a controlled environment assembly area.
- Able to understand and follow mechanical assembly drawings and written instructions.
- Able to use basic hand tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.
- Able to use simple measurement tools, such as calipers, micrometers and rulers.
- Enjoy working in a small team in support of group goals.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to lift more than 20 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must tolerate exposure to chemicals found in the laboratory and manufacturing environments.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.