Assist Director of Technical Engineering
5907 Turkey Lake Rd Orlando, FL 32819
The Assistant Director, Engineering provides technical and safety direction, inputs, and approvals for client' s Theme Park projects, inclusive of multiple attractions. As assigned, responsibilities may, and likely will, further include direct engineering contributions to one major development projects.
Additional responsibilities and authorities include interpretation, and enforcement of client technical requirements, review of technical team performance, interventional technical interface to outside design and production entities, and providing technical input and direction to project risk management/risk reduction activities. Tasks include concept feasibility, scope of work development and review, vendor assessment and selection, vendor oversight, risk identification and mitigation, field installation strategy, oversight of field test and adjust and SAT.
In addition to the safety and technical aspects of the job, budget, schedule and creative constraints will be incorporated into all decisions.
- Ensures all Show and Ride equipment maintains the highest level of safety in accordance with client' s Specifications, accepted manufacturing practices and local standards.
- When Project assigned: Enforce Show and Ride technical and safety principles to provide a quality product and necessary deliverables.
- Support and advise Project Management on how best to achieve this goal, and keep client Core Safety & Engineering briefed on progress and issues. Is responsible to take S&E direction to the project team.
- Supervise and guide project technical personnel (indirect or direct reporting relationships).
- Drive safety improvements across all attractions.
- Exchange safety information across all parks and attractions.
- Monitor compliance with regulations and internal standards; develop new safety technologies; and ensure that safety protocols reflect theme park best practices and cutting-edge ideas.
- Track attraction safety.
- Review and approve contract and legal documents related to Show and Ride systems as required for project work and as authorized by Engineering and Safety management.
- Makes direct engineering contributions to projects as required relative to engineering, code and standards compliance, client specification compliance, and technical systems achievement of creative and business goals.
- Reviews the technical plans and results for clients projects as assigned.
- Enforces clients specifications, standards, and technical contracting methods. Assists with Patent pursuit and defense.
- Oversee ADA compliance for Shows and Rides.
- Participate in Access Board meetings and activities.
- Develop and execute innovations/inventions that provide increased accessibility.
- Contributes to communication of common engineering issues and solutions.
- Enhances consolidated use of client technical resources.
- Bachelor’ s degree is required in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Master’ s degree is preferred in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 10 to 12 years of Required Project Vendor Management experience with significant in-field installation related experience.
- 5 to 7 years of Theme Park specific experience is highly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.