Assistant Director-Construction Projects
5907 Turkey Lake Rd Orlando, FL 32819
Assistant Director-Construction Projects*
(* Must be able to work in Asia for 18 months)
Responsible for the day to day management and development of all facility construction and/or renovations of major land, attraction, resorts, client owned venues, walkways and waterways, back of house support buildings, parking structures and any new facilities (the “ Project”). This will include planning, budgeting, scheduling, estimating, design, construction, fabrication, delivery, and commissioning required to open the Project within the assigned budget, quality, schedule, creative and guest experience targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES % OF TIME
• Responsible for coordinate and manage design decisions and construction document production; avoid contract claims and disputes; minimize change orders during construction phases; effectively manage changes in the Project; eliminate interface disruptions between project participants; maintain, and where possible improve the Project schedule and budget; insure quality design and construction work; emphasize “ hands-on” management of field operations; establish and maintain a competent and experienced staff; implement efficient and timely document control.
• Review all scope of work as well as design of all attractions, facilities, resorts and themed environments for reliability and safety. 25%
• Responsible for daily monitoring of project budget within the job scope, and schedule within the targeted objectives set forth during project approval for new attractions, facilities, resorts and themed environments, as well as refurbishments and enhancements.
• Review development criteria to make sure projects are delivered correctly and completely. 20%
• Creative/Design/Architectural Management
• Responsible for the qualification, procurement, selection, contracting and performance of all Architectural, Engineering and Technical Designers hired to complete the facility design phase of the Project. Direct the successful delivery of projects while maintaining creative/architectural intent within the established budget and schedule, while meeting the initial objectives set forth during the concept development 20%
EDUCATION: Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or a related field is preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: State General or Certified or Registered Contractor preferred. License in Architecture or Engineering is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 10+ years’ experience required in facility maintenance field with specific training and experience with facility maintenance and inspection; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ON-THE-JOB TRAINING: Three to six months