300 Steel Street Aliquipppa, PA 15001
The Automation Engineer Manager is a mid-level product design and productivity improvement position that will work under the general supervision of the Vice President of Operations - surface conditioning, providing innovative productivity improvements primarily, but not exclusively, to the Surface Conditions and Innovative Cutting Technology service lines.
The position will perform a variety of engineering and design tasks, but will focus on two key functions:
- Identifying areas of low quality or productivity internally, and designing and implementing process improvements that improve such quality and productivity.
- Identifying areas of low quality or productivity with our customers or in industries that we serve and inventing new innovative products and processes that create value by improving such areas.
- BS in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, etc) from an ABET Accredited Institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in process automation and design.
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and human/machine interfaces (HMI) and their application in automation solutions.
- Must be a creative thinker.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a " hands-on" type of person who is comfortable working in a heavy industrial environment.
- Must be entrepreneurial in nature and self-motivated; able to work without direct supervision.
- Must be willing to travel intermittently.
- MBA or MS would be helpful.
- Knowledge of metals industry (Steel, etc.).