Automation Systems Engineer
Chatsworth, CA 91311 US
Location: Greater Los Angeles Area
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time, On-site
Salary: $85,000 to $145,000 per year
As an Automation Systems Engineer, you will be in charge of designing, developing, and operating robotic systems that enable the next generation of manufacturing automation.
- Develop custom robot application code to interface with new technologies.
- Integration of safety systems for automation cells (estops, lockout fences, robot safety interface, etc.)
- Setup and test field bus networks (CAN, Ethernet, etc.)
- Create technical documentation for electromechanical systems (wiring diagrams, BOMs, etc.)
- Write machine and work cell documentation, manuals, and spare parts lists as required.
- Develop, implement and test robotic algorithms (kinematics, dynamics, controls, etc.)
- Architect, write, and debug PLC code with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable, and reusable for high-volume manufacturing applications.
- Configure, prepare and integrate industrial controls hardware and electrical components for on-site integration.
- Develop and execute test plans for validating control hardware functionality.
- Preparation and integration of cable routing plans and schedules.
- Perform diagnostics and remediation on faulty control hardware and control systems.
- Experience commissioning and programming industrial 6-DOF robots.
- Knowledge of 1+ programming languages (ex. Python, C++).
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment (vision systems, palletizing systems, temperature controllers, etc.)
- Experience in fast-paced iterative design and manufacturing environments.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, physics, or computer science discipline.
- 5+ years extensive experience in robotic programming and applications.
- Excellent robotic high level and background programming skills on Fanuc, KUKA, ABB or equivalent brands.
- Experience with PLC integration and programming.