BIM / Revit Designer
7717 Detroit Ave SW Seattle, WA 98106
The BIM/REVIT Specialist performs technical tasks in REVIT and AutoCAD software. She/he reports directly to the CAD Integration Manager and is accountable for the following:
- Support CAD and engineering in AutoCAD & REVIT software to increase accuracy in design and installation.
- Maintain a collaborative environment between CAD operators, engineers, project managers, and sales personnel promoting increased throughput and constructible projects.
- Work closely with the Engineering CAD and Engineering departments to promote BIM.
- Support Non-Revit users with AutoCAD file creation and maintenance from Revit, 2D and 3D Files.
- Complete work as requested in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Create and maintain Revit Families.
- Setup and maintain a Revit job and file(s).
- Be proficient with computer hardware and software used by Company.
- Follow a cross discipline detail standards that is used by Engineers and CAD.
- Support and follow Company initiatives and standards.
- Express ideas clearly and listen effectively to others.
- Establish and maintain a solid rapport with co-workers and other departments.
- Understand the meanings and relationships of words and use language effectively.
- Understand, accept and support the company’ s operating guidelines, Operational Beliefs & Customer Commitment.
- File, organize and maintain all paperwork connected with above referenced tasks.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
The candidate must possess the following requirements and skills:
- Minimum four years’ REVIT experience and detailed understanding of its processing including setting up and maintaining jobs, files, families and work sets.
- Five or more years of CAD experience with advance training in the current AutoCAD software.
- Fluent in advanced 3D geometry creation and manipulation.
- Have strong mechanical and conceptual aptitude.
- Two year college degree in CAD or drafting studies is preferred.
- Experience in the MEP (HVAC / Plumbing) industries is a plus.
- Above average in Microsoft Office products and computer trends/technology.
- Willingness to learn and completely understand the Department’ s software programs.
- Ability to organize and handle a number of projects at the same time.
- Have strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to consistently set and attain goals, meet deadlines and make difficult decisions.
- Ability to resolve customer and employee issues.
- Takes pride in ones work and accepts a level of responsibility for his/her professionalism and accuracy.
- Ability to interact with customers, field staff, management and office personnel that builds constructive and effective relationships.
- Possess outstanding leadership, verbal, written, listening, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively direct and evaluate the work of self and others.
- Ability and willingness to work independently or in a team atmosphere.
- Willingness to adapt to company standards and procedures.
The candidate must possess and be adaptable to the following physical abilities and working conditions:
- Ability to see, hear well (either naturally or with correction) and speak clearly.
- Coordinate the movement of eyes, hands, and fingers.
- Physical requirements include: standing, bending, and sitting; repetitive motions of hands and wrists.
- Reach for, handle, use fingers and manipulate objects.
- Working conditions may include: working on ladders, on rooftops, in crawl spaces, in unheated areas, in all weather conditions and driving.
- Must be capable of working extended hour days when job/business needs demand.
- History of good employment attendance and dependability.
- A valid license and impeccable driving record are required.
- A candidate is required to pass a pre-hire drug screening (after job offer).