BIM Electrical Specialist
21625 Prairie Street Chatsworth, CA 91311
The BIM Electrical Specialist is part of the BIM Team. Under the leadership of the BIM Manager, the BIM Specialist assists the Building Information Modeling Team in developing detailed shop drawings and as built with company BIM standards.
Primary Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Creates Shop drawings and As Built drawings utilizing Revit and AutoCAD.
- Assists in maintenance and upkeep of relevant models.
- Creates coordinated 3D/BIM models specifically regarding the electrical installation with the assistance of field management.
- Assists project team in CAD / BIM projects, creates electrical drawings in 2D CAD for construction on a variety of projects under the direction of senior design members as well as project managers and general foremen.
- Works from engineer markups and sketches under minimal supervision.
- Creates and owns the electrical layout for projects in 3D.
- Participates in coordination meetings.
- Coordinates between other major disciplines outside of the company.
- Uploads Revit/Navis files to the web/project websites prior to the coordination meeting.
- Ensure outputs meet the required standards and meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Adheres to the company’ s Alcohol and Drug Free Policy at all times.
- Has the ability to work efficiently and independently with little guidance and/or supervision.
- Maintains reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in related modeling/design for electrical construction or AutoDesk certificate.
- 5 years of recent solid employment track-record success performing BIM design.
- Proficient in modeling using Revit and AutoCAD. Knowledge BIM 360, Navisworks, BlueBeam Revu programs and best practices.
- Advanced experience in collaboration between Revit & Navisworks.
- Trimble Total Station experience is a plus.
- Proficient in customizing Revit Project Browser, View Templates, View Range, VG Overrides and has the ability to create and utilize Revit work sets.
- Understanding of dimensional detailing practices in Revit & AutoCAD.
- Understanding of production Shop Drawings for construction, knowledge of electrical symbols and electrical drafting conventions.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM & other technologies utilized in the company.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet goals.
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values.
- Punctual, able to adhere to deadlines and have a strong work ethic.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees.
- In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to see including deciphering colors, i.e. color vision, depth perception, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment.
- The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated.
- Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
- Work sites vary from location to location.