18 Tremont St Boston, MA 02108
Bid Coordinators perform tasks that marshal bid and proposal activities through stages and ensure that administratively they comply with all requirements of the Capture, Bid, and Proposal process. Bid coordinators support the production of accurately estimated change orders, variations, and proposals in accordance with required timescales and Corporate processes under the direction of a Bid Coordinator, Bid Manager, or the Manager of Bids and Proposals. This position typically works under close supervision and direction.
- Coordinate and manage the timely submission of variations/bids, supporting the Bid Manager where requested.
- Support the bids and proposals team to maintain a database of variations/bids and proposals submitted showing outcome of bid and enabling measurement of success.
- Support the Business Development team with opportunity tracking and in customer meetings (as needed).
- Support the Bid Managers in coordinating meetings, collateral, and activities for active pursuits.
- Support the Proposal Writers with assistance on writing, creating, and editing content for smaller tenders.
- Support the Proposal Development Specialists as needed to compile and complete collateral in support of the tenders.
- Comply with Quality Management System.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the incumbent is required to perform other duties assigned by their Manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
- Four year college degree in Engineering/Business Administration/English/ Economics/Journalism/Marketing or related field or equivalent experience. Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team. Computer literate and good knowledge of Microsoft Office and other related office applications.
- A self-motivated; focused individual with excellent interpersonal skills. An effective communicator, verbally and written.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and capable of working effectively under pressure. Enthusiastic and flexible, ability to find a solution to problems.
- Familiarity with Shipley capture and proposal development processes.
- Experience interpreting requirements into bid and proposal responses.