1616 E. Millbrook Road Raleigh, NC 27609
Our customer business is one of the world’ s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Our client seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Raleigh, NC office as a Bridge Engineer.
- Under supervision, performs routine engineering work while developing professional proficiency.
- On design assignments, works to learn how to clearly convey the design intent through engineering drawings and specifications.
- On assignments involving investigations and planning, works to learn the fundamentals of engineering processes and to apply them successfully to operating systems.
- On assignments involving construction activities, works to develop an understanding of construction methods and the translation of engineering drawings and specifications into the constructed product.
- Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Generally applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of somewhat diversified tasks requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Engineering.
- Minimal experience is required of incumbents with a Bachelor' s Degree in a branch of Engineering directly related to hiring discipline; no experience required with a Master' s degree.
- E.I. or EIT strongly desired.
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of developing technical writing, and communications skills.
- PC and CAD skills required.
- Must have an educational background in Structures Design.
- Experience with NCDOT a preferred/plus.
- 2-5 year of experience.
- DOT experience.
- Highway design structures.
- CAD/Microstation experience.