Building Information Model (BIM) 2D/3D Specialist
300 East Big Beaver Rd Suite 500 Troy, MI 48083
The Building Information Model (BIM) 2D/3D Specialist Position will work as part of a team dedicated to create and maintain 2D/3D Manufacturing Facility Layouts or otherwise known as BIM models using Autodesk suite tools to support launch activities. BIM creation is a collaborative effort between Manufacturing Planning & Control, Manufacturing Engineering, and Material Logistics organizations.
This position will require interaction with both corporate and plant personnel to coordinate various aspects of the Digital Manufacturing and Virtual Assembly portfolio, including:
- Insert, extract, update or modify 2D & 3D information.
- Modeling of station-level content through use of existing FCA library objects or creation of new models. Update and maintain 2D/3D library models (assets).
- Coordination of BIM asset-based workflow and CAD deliverables along the phases of the launch life cycle between stakeholders in Manufacturing Engineering, Material Handling, and various suppliers.
- Coordinates and leads the Digital Station Reviews (Digital Mockup’ s) with all key stakeholders. Identifies interferences with facilities, material handling, and structural models in the virtual setting.
- Performs project data management, documentation, and reports for model accuracy and project status through Share-drives, FTP, and standard libraries.
- Apply World Class Technology & Digital Manufacturing Validation lean principles to facility layout design.
- Coordination with simulation teams to ensure layout files are available for virtual analysis.
- Converts models and drawings into planning models for contractor setup/SOW.
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Architecture Design, or relevant field/work experience.
- Experience with Autodesk Product Design & Manufacturing Collection tools to perform 2D/3D modeling or similar BIM/Architectural Computer-Aided Design in a relevant setting.
- Basic skills with Autodesk Product Design & Manufacturing Collection tools such as AutoCAD, Inventor, Navisworks, Recap, Factory Design Utilities.
- Proficient in MS Office applications; Basic skills in Computer Aided Design.
- Min 1 year of plant and/or launch experience.
- Min 1 year performing virtual simulations in a manufacturing setting.
- Min 1 year experience in Autodesk Product Design & Manufacturing Collection tools (AutoCAD, Navisworks, Inventor, etc.)
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Creative problem solving ability and results oriented.
- Type: Contract 12 Months + Long Term.
- # of Positions: 2.