130 Constitution Dr. Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Responsible for obtaining materials, components, and equipment in a DOD environment - requiring knowledge and understanding of the FAR/DFARs.
- Gathers quotations, examines bids, and makes awards.
- Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules, and maintains inventory at planned levels.
- Plans, schedules, and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle.
- Evaluates vendor reliability, develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
- Monitors cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- Aids engineering when required in the development of new specifications for contract orders.
- Responsible for administering small business plans and acting as SBLO liaison for the division submitting the necessary reporting information to the government.
- Reviews requisitions, purchase orders, and vouchers for accuracy and conformance with established policies and procedures.
- Obtains oral and/or written quotations from vendors.
- Documents competitive bidding.
- Expedites purchase orders.
- Notifies departments of the expected delivery date and follows up on back orders.
- Maintains accurate vendor/department files.
- Utilizes different vendor sources to fill orders as directed.
- Searches out alternate vendors or supplies to be prepared in case of material shortages and stock outages.
- Meets with vendors seeking to establish relationships with the firm.
- Reviews materials presented and forwards the information to the appropriate purchasing agent along with recommendation as whether the vendor deserves further consideration.
- Oversees maintenance of an up-to-date filing system on pricing and vendors to ensure immediate and accurate access to information.
- Requires a bachelor' s degree and/or a minimum of one to ten years of related experience.
- Comfortable with computer word processing, order and inventory forms, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of the purchasing department team.
- Well organized and able to carry out assignments with moderate supervision.
- Knowledge of BaaN MRP a plus.