602 E. Vermont Ave Anaheim, CA 92805
- Under general supervision, sources and purchases complex machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, direct and indirect material, services, and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization.
- Generates Requests for Bids/ Requests for Proposals (RFB/RFP) to include all requirements.
- Possesses the capability to collect/ analyze/ determine the specifications and requirements that need to be entered into the RFP/RFB.
- Able to respond to supplier questions or is resourceful in seeking out information and feeding back to supplier.
- Reviews supplier proposals, sets negotiation strategy, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers.
- Able to conduct price analysis.
- Able to generate pricing memorandum to satisfy Government audits and if applied, TINA requirements.
- Generates a complete procurement package with all terms and conditions, flow downs, and any additional unique terms.
- Follows up on orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary purchase order documentation packages to comply with Government and/or department/Company policy.
- Understands blueprints and specifications.
- Is able to interpret blueprint information.
- Capable of drafting complex Statements of Work (SOWs).
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of Terms and Conditions, FAR, DFAR, and ISO.
- Leads meetings with suppliers, supplier surveys with team and playing an active role in the process.
- Able to conduct difficult discussions with suppliers in regards to performance issues such as late delivery, discrepant hardware, disputes.
- Plays an active role with the IPTs in disseminating supplier delivery information, potential lead time issues or other factors that affect the business/revenue plans.
- Able to represent SCM in discussions with Program office/Product Line Managers.
- Some local and overnight travel.
- Movement between multiple tasks and balancing priorities is a significant challenge of this position.
- Duties will be varied in nature, requiring the solving of unusual problems.
- Advance planning is required.
- Researches vendor’ s products and capabilities
- Solicits quotations and requests for proposals from potential sources
- Evaluates and selects supply sources; verifies that selected source is acceptable to requisitioner if required
- Conducts and leads general negotiations (as may be needed) with suppliers to achieve results
- Executes purchase orders and/or subcontracts for requisitioned items
- Accumulates information and becomes knowledgeable of vendor products and capabilities via catalogs, correspondence, telephone, or person contact
- Provides reports and status on open orders on a regular basis; conducts/leads presentations
- Maintains purchase order documentation in compliance with policies and procedures
- Ensures timely delivery of materials and services of acceptable quality & best value consistent with IEC requirements and established budgets
- Establishes and maintains adequate liaison with requisitioning department/ individual (operations, development eng, industrial eng., manufacturing eng, quality eng, etc) as well as operating departments as required
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price and determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid
- Prepares bid specifications, receives bids, and make purchases of commodities or good where the financial impact is great
- Works our remedies for defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others
- Manages commodities effectively with aggregate spend in excess of $1M per year
- Performs purchasing duties of a considerable scope and authority
- (Purchase authority) Makes purchase commitments in conformance with IEC purchasing policy and procedure
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals as a major contributor
- Travels (some local & overnight) as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Business Administration or Material Management is required, or equivalent combination of experience and/or training.
- CPSM Certification is a plus.
- 5-10 years related experience. DOD, Government agency, and drawing interpretation experience preferred aptitude in real time MRP environment.
- Skilled in all PC based business software programs.