1522 Cook Place Goleta, CA 93117
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support the purchasing department.
- Issues requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for electrical, mechanical and electro-mechanical components.
- Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, delivery schedules and place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
- Able to perform cost/price analysis.
- Work with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or terminations.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
- Monitor Supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary.
- Work with planners to maintain materials and services consistent with production requirements and compressed time schedules.
- Prepare reports, attend meetings and respond to special assignments.
- Perform other procurement tasks and projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR requirements for defense/government purchase orders.
- BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, Operations Planning or a related field, preferred.
- 5+ years in procurement.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel, for spreadsheet generation.
- Experience working within defense/aerospace manufacturing environment with low volume/ high mix production requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals.
- Good working knowledge of MSP systems.