1522 Cook Place Goleta, CA 93117
Issue request for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select the best source that will provide cost, quality, and delivery requirements for electronic, mechanical, and electro-mechanical components.
- Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with the division' s policies, procedures, and government regulations.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and departments to resolve price, quality delivery, or invoice issues.
- Work with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or cancellations.
- Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action as necessary
- Work with planners to maintain materials and services are consistent with the production schedule.
- Perform other procurement tasks and projects and needed
- Experience working with defense/aerospace or manufacturing environment
- Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals.
- Must have good working knowledge of MRP systems.
- BA or BS in Materials Management, procurement, business administration, operations planning or related field preferred.