14020 Stowe Dr Poway, CA 92064
Evaluates, selects, places, and expedites assigned procurement contracts or portions of a procurement contract of moderate complexity, diversification or expense. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
- Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
- Daily availability to include evenings and weekends when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
- Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Bachelor' s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 2-5 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze data and effectively communicate judgments/decisions based on that data to others
- Intermediate skill in all MS Office applications
- Demonstrated experience using ERP systems for planning and procurement
- Demonstrated understanding of the relationship of transactions in ERP for materials movement in purchasing, planning and accounting
- Working knowledge of manufacturing documentation and interpretation of technical drawings
- Working knowledge of manufacturing assembly processes
- Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a " U.S. Person" (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees)
Physical/Mental Demands The physical/Mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.