200 W Los Angeles Ave Simi Valley, CA 93065
Major purpose: Responsible for placing orders for both direct and indirect material required by the facility to operate and to build product, to meet customer specifications and delivery requirements.
Major functions: * Follows company policies and procedures in procurement, and represents the company in dealing with outside vendors.
- Analyzes requisitions for accuracy before placing purchase orders.
- Weighs factors including quality, price, delivery and reliability prior to placing order.
- Responds to requests from Estimating Department to provide current supplier price and lead time quotations.
- Negotiates pricing to achieve fair and reasonable pricing and confirms scheduled deliveries.
- Completes each procurement package and ensures all company procurement forms are complete and accurate to comply with all Government, Corporate, and company/ division policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with suppliers to ensure their continued support to provide quality products/services in a timely manner.
- Accepts the primary role of resolving all supplier issues with respect to rejections of delivered product and vendor concerns/complaints.
- Meets with new vendors to learn about new products processes and sources of supply. Maintains alternate sources of supply.
- Informs necessary personnel of items in short supply, problems and purchases varying from the standard company policies.
- Acts as a liaison on rejections and vendor complaints.
- Visits vendors as required.
- Works closely with the Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance and Operations departments to ensure suppliers build and deliver complex parts to drawing requirements.