1800 Fairlane Dr. Allen Park, MI 48101
Reports To: Engineering Manager
- Provide 3D CAD design support to D&R engineers in the development of Genuine Accessories, Ford Licensed Accessories and GRPP Products
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create Design Solution, Design Instances and FDRs in TeamCenter engineering
- Create and update 2D drawings as required
- Coordinate archiving of drawings and CAD data to TCe and DocMan
- Conduct 3D CAD feasibility studies
- Conduct DPA reviews of supplier submissions for compliance to Ford Motor Company CAD and drafting standards
- Coordinate and present CAD data at engineering design reviews
- Assemble 3D CAD reference data and translate as need for suppliers
- Provide secondary design review and sign-off for engineering drawings
- Maintain design event sign-off in WERS
- Maintain and set-up geometric library
- Facilitate data transfer between engineers/suppliers
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’ s degree or 5-7 years of experience
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
CAD designer candidates with these key skills:
• CATIA V5 geometric set, drafting, 3D part modeling
• 3-5 years of experience (3000-5000 hours of CATIA V5)