Calibration Test / Technician II
28150 Industry Dr Valencia, CA 91355-4100
Responsible for multi-facility control of inspection equipment, precision measuring equipment as well as inspection fixtures. Provide technical leadership to the leadership team as to cost effective inspection methods. Continually evaluate possible cost saving by various means which may include but not limit to introduction of new technology, resourcing of internal as well as external labor, modification to equipment to facilitate use with our product. Requires knowledge of proper tool usage, operator interface, tooling manufactures capabilities and limitation. Provide the resource to return broken inspection equipment to usable condition utilizing internal as well as external resources. Must be self-starter and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Monitor and execute our internal calibration system as it pertains to the collection and distribution of tools under our recall system.
- Procure and implement new and refurbished tooling and equipment.
- Check and test all types of complex gages, dies, precision tools, jigs and fixtures for accuracy and tolerances in accordance with specifications. Recommends repairs, rework or discard of used devices.
- Set up, adjusts and use intricate precision measuring instruments, such as super micrometers, shadow comparators and CMM’ s.
- Interprets all types of blueprints; works to the closest of tolerances.
- Must know shop mathematics, including geometry and trigonometry.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Must be open to working overtime.
- Working knowledge of MIL-STD-45662A “ Calibration Systems Requirements,” American National Standard for Calibration ANSI/NCSL Z540-1-1994 “ Calibration Laboratories and Measuring and Test Equipment – General Requirements,” and ISO 10012: 2003 “ Measurement Management Systems – Requirements for Measurement Processes and Measuring Equipment.”
2. Understand and maintain proper use of tooling classification throughout all ITTAC’ s facilities
Class " C" Equipment is Measuring and Test Equipment.
Class " B" Standard is a Measurement Standard (Transfer).
Class " A" Standard is a Measurement Standard (Reference)
3. Understanding of international trade and import / export regulations and its relationship to ITTAC.
4. Working knowledge of database structure as well as expert with Kennametal automated tool management system.
5. Able to interface with external suppliers both verbally as well as in written form.
6. Preferred expereince in use of Microsoft office application including MS Access.