CNC Lathe Operator
2040 East Dyer Road Santa Ana, CA 92705
To maintain and operate Multi Axis CNC LATHE Machines daily. Set up the CNC LATHE machines to run the different operations/jobs and ensure that a quality product is produced in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and interpret blueprints to comprehend work orders.
- Plan machining activities keeping in mind the work orders and engineering plans.
- Refer to specifications, orthographic drawings and reference planes to understand the project effectively.
- Work with geometric dimensions and tolerances to plan machining activities.
- Enter instructions and upload programs via Predator software. Set tooling/tail stocks/steady rest for CNC Lathes including indicating reference points and runout to ensure smooth running of the machined operation.
- Must be able to setup and operate machine from work instructions
- Safely load and unload castings and raw materials into the machinery. Using overhead cranes as required.
- Meet tolerance environments of the machine by setting gauges and measuring instruments appropriately
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance on machines, equipment and tools used in all processes.
- Follow the machining process from the very beginning to the end to ensure quality of parts.
- Isolate any piece that may not conform to the standards of the work order and report to Quality department for further evaluation.
- Troubleshoot machining problems during processes to ensure efficacy of procedure.
- Ensure Operator Preventative maintenance is performed prior to machine use daily. Way Lube, Hydraulic Fluid and Coolant as required.
- Create appropriate labor and time reports by following instructions provided by superiors.
- Provide tooling and fixturing improvement solutions as needed during each machining procedure.
- Complete all reports and other paperwork associated with machining projects in process. 1st Article/SPC/Work Order Buy off.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Mechanically inclined
- Should have knowledge of support machines, inspection equipment and computer experience.
- Able to make good decisions and work independently when needed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with gages, mics and other measuring instruments.
- 5+ year of manufacturing experience in aerospace or equivalent education and experience
- Able to read blueprints and follow verbal and written instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Machining certificate (preferred)