CNC Machine Operator (2nd Shift)
12840 Bradley Ave Sylmar, CA 91342
We are currently looking for a CNC Machine Operator to join the team! In this position the CNC Machine Operator will:
- Operate mills and lathes, Inspection of first run part, sample work pieces, helps lead submit first article to QC ensuring all customer requirements are met.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Collect in process critical dimensional data insuring that all Statistical Process Control (SPC) requirements are met.
- Ensures quality of all daily manufactured products and on-time delivery of defect-free products, which meet or exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Document actions by completing daily production and quality logs.
- Maintain a safe environment by adhering to all company safety procedures and regulations.
- Identify and correct any possible safety hazards.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’ s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reports necessary repairs to direct supervisor.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with operating CNC machinery and or in a machine shop environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing machine tooling and measuring equipment (Mills, Lathes, Mic’ s, Calipers, etc.)
- Basic Shop Math and blueprint reading.
- Understand operation of CNC machines, basic CNC (G &M) programming code.