CNC Machinist - (2nd Shift)
1001 Airbrake Avenue Wilmerding, PA 15148
Set up and operates a variety of machinery such as CNC, special purpose and other distinct machines and machining centers and some conventional equipment.
Also sets up and adjusts machine tools including preset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces and assures quality of parts (utilizing necessary measuring gages and equipment) and machine parts on all machines.
- Operates conventional, numerical control machines and machining centers.
- Reads and studies blueprints and job orders for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instruction such as feed rate, cutting speed, depth of cut, fixtures and cutting tools to be used.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Programs and/or edits CNC machinery.
- Requires 1-3 years complex machining experience with lathes and mills (vertical and horizontal).
- Must be able to perform shop math calculations and read and interpret blueprints and work orders.
- Shop programming and/or editing required.
- Fanuc control experience desired.
- Journeyman or apprentice papers preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules and work orders.
- Overtime may be required and employees are expected to make the necessary arrangements to accommodate this need.
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime and weekends.
- The Company requires and expects employees to work according to their assigned work schedules, and they arrive at their workstation ready for work at the required starting time for their shift.
- Position will be on 2nd shift (3: 15 PM – 11: 15 PM).