CNC Machinist - Lathe
4600 Calle Bolero Camarillo, CA 93012
Responsible for: Manufacture of product components and parts; along with performing other basic machine shop procedures and equipment setup under supervision.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Keep machines running at production speeds (which can include up to 3 machines) by optimizing order of running to keep the most amount of run time achievable by all machines without help.
- Changing out tooling and zeroing reference points. Also be able to perform basic editing of programs on the machine as required without help.
- Be able to perform the duties above and write new programs without help. This includes taking DWGs and CAD files, creating tool paths, selecting tooling, determining feed rates and holding fixtures to optimize machining
- Machine assemblies per blueprint and specifications daily.
- Perform in process inspections.
- Meet production schedule.
- Request material from stockroom as necessary.
- Learn fabrication – related functions for new products as required.
- Understand/perform all production processes without help.
- Assist in training of new personnel.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Promote team work and constructive work behaviors.