CNC Machinist - Lathe
950 Richmond Ave. Oxnard, CA 93030
The ideal candidate will come from a high volume CNC machine shop environment and be able to set-up and operate CNC Lathe machines with a minimum of direct supervision. The machine department is comprised of approximately 20 CNC lathes and mills including a robotic lathe cell. The equipment is comprised primarily of Okuma’ s, HAAS, and Mori Seiki’ s. This individual must be a self-motivated, focused and organized team player. Production parts are primarily wheels and wheel components manufactured from aluminum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Study blueprints, layouts or charts to visualize work and determine materials needed, sequence of operations, dimensions and tooling instructions.
- Selects cutting tools and tooling instructions, according to knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics, or written specifications.
- Positions, secures and aligns cutting tools in tool holders on machine, using hand tools, and verifies their position with measuring instruments.
- Moves controls to set cutting speeds, depths of cut and feed rates and to position tool in relation to workplace.
- Run machine through the cycle, stopping to adjust tool positions and machine controls to ensure specified timing, clearance and tolerances.
- Observes operation and stops machine to inspect finished parts and verify conformance with specifications of first run, using measuring instruments.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to set-up and operate CNC Lathe machines with Okuma, HAAS, and Fanuc controls.
- Able to edit CNC programs and to correct or improve job performance.
- Able to understand complex mechanical drawings and tolerances.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a high number of set-ups and short run jobs.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma.
- Possess at least 5 to 8 years experience in a machine shop environment.