CNC Machinist II
12840 Bradley Ave Sylmar, CA 91342
We are currently looking for a CNC Machinist II to join the team!
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Ability to understand and write “ G” CNC machine language.
- Setup mills and lathes by following setup instructions with no supervision, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proofing out machine part program.
- Set-up also includes installing and adjusting three and four jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cam, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, Inspection of first run part, sample work pieces, helps lead submit first article to QC insuring all customer requirements are met.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Collect in process critical dimensional data insuring that all Statistical Process Control (SPC) requirements are met.
- Ensures quality of all daily manufactured products and on-time delivery of defect-free products, which meet or exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Document actions by completing daily production and quality logs.
- Maintain a safe environment by adhering to all company safety procedures and regulations.
- Identify and correct any possible safety hazards.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’ s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reports necessary repairs to direct supervisor.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with operating CNC machinery and or in a machine shop environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing machine tooling and measuring equipment (Mills, Lathes, Mic’ s, Calipers, etc.)
- Basic Shop Math and blue print reading.
- Understand operation of CNC machines, basic CNC (G &M) programing code.
- CNC programming, Manufacturing, Machinist certificate (preferred)
- 5S, or Lean Manufacturing certificate (preferred).