CNC Programmer/Operator - CW
9601 Mason Avenue, Suite A Chatsworth, CA 91311
Position summary: Primarily responsible for creating CNC Milling and / or turning programs using Master Cam and designing tooling fixtures. Also responsible for shop support and improving the existing process in the CNC department, storing the CNC programs in a database and transferring them to a CNC machine upon demand. Optimize and trouble shoots CNC milling operations. Set up and machine first articles from new programs.
Purpose: Working from a model or customer blueprint, develop the CNC program required to produce a part in the shortest cycle time while conforming to all blueprint requirements, AS9100 and FAA standards. Maintain a working database of programs including downloading and uploading programs between database and CNC machines.
- Responsible for programming / operating of CNC mills and lathes.
- Analyzes blue prints for required tooling, material and lead time, recommends alternate materials/components, quotes prices.
- Communicates well with management and other departments. Provides suggestions, resolutions to machining issues.
- Work within a team environment. Support and follow AS9100 guidelines
- Maintain program data base and CNC documentation.
- Develops and fabricates the fixtures and tooling as required to complete his or her assignments.
- Participate in problem solving and continuous improvement efforts
- Will perform other duties as required.
- Will maintain good house keeping habits.
Minimum qualifications: The candidate must be personable, team oriented, candidate should be able to work with minimal supervision, and act decisively.
Experience: 5 years experience in CNC programming and machine operation in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Experience with Master cam is a plus.
Education: Minimum of a high school diploma and 2 years degree in machining principles is required.