Cable Technician - install/terminate wiring
2575 Sand Hill Rd Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Must have good spatial and mechanical perception.
- Perform work assigned by supervisor within the time constraints required by the requester.
- Work is checked and quality is reviewed with worker after the job is completed.
- Check installed cables for electrical continuity, proper termination and excessive damage.
- Verify, update, and record cable numbers, routing, origination, and termination points, and connecting device designations.
- Install wiring and electronic sub-assemblies and equipment.
- Assist Electrician Specialist. Fabricate multi-conductor cable assemblies, coaxial cable, and wiring harnesses.
- Route, place and tie down cables on cable trays and feed-through.
- Produce good work both in high quality and quantity.
- Work according to safety guidelines. Workers will need to pass employer provided safety training classes.
- Follows policies, regulations and procedures to ensure a respectful work environment.
- Terminate and connect cables to distribution frames, chassis, and experimental apparatus.