21592 Marilla St. Chatsworth, CA 91311
PEAK' s client specialize in the manufacturing of Sensors. They work per AS9100 and ISO 17025 with Aerospace/ Defense, Automotive, and Test & Measurement industries.
The Calibration Technician is responsible for performing calibration on accelerometers, force and pressure sensors. This role calculates and recommends the necessary changes to meet the product specifications in accordance with ISO 17025 and per Dytran Manufacturing procedures.
• Performs final screening and pre-calibration duties per the product specifications
• Utilizes standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, and frequency generators
• Performs error free production testing in an assigned area with limited cross functional interface
• Measures and records data per work instruction requirements
• Measures and creates calibration certificates on a day to day basis
• Provides daily support to meet the production demand
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment
• Assists other Calibration Technicians and other departments, on an as needed basis
• Performs administrative functions such as sorting, filing, etc. Level II and III
• Calculates the required value of components in order to comply with specifications.
• Works with production assemblers to assign the correct component value.
• Performs all required test per traveler or test instructions such as drop shock, high? g? test, phase response, hermeticity, T.C., sensitivity, bias, etc.
• Trains less experienced technicians.
• Interfaces with supervision and engineering when needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• 2 year degree in electronics from a technical/ vocational school; or any combination of education and experience
• Must be able to read and interpret schematics
• Knowledge of AS9100 and ISO 17025 a plus
• Ability to read and understand engineering assembly drawings
• Familiar with standard test equipment such as oscilloscope' s, voltmeters and frequency generators
• Must be accurate and organized with high attention to detail
• Good communication, reading, writing and math skills
• Knowledge of electronic principals
• Must be a local candidate ITAR REQUIREMENTS
• This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ' Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
WORKING CONDITIONS Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
Competitive Base Salary 401(k) BENEFITS Medical Insurance Dental Insurance Vision Insurance Accidental Death Life Insurance Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care) Educational Reimbursement PAID TIME OFF Vacation Holidays Sick pay