14370 White Sage Road Moorpark, CA 93021
This position provides measurement, calibration and documentation of findings for tools & equipment (T&E) to support test and inspection requirements. The candidate will be responsible for readily availability of T&E IAW established procedures, work instructions and applicable standards.
- Perform calibration of all standard hand measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, drop indicators, ring and plug gages to U.S. national standards maintained by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Calibrates a variety of measurement equipment such as weigh scales, oven temperature and soldering irons.
- Is capable of understanding and making accurate adjustments to tools and equipment to bring them into acceptable limits where possible.
- Documents “ as found” conditions of tools and equipment and records findings after adjustment.
- Calculates degree of uncertainty when required IAW ISO 10012 or ISO 17025 as required.
- Complete all required data entries for inspected items.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and follows all established safety guidelines.
- Work within a team structure to achieve company and department goals.
- Participates in company continuous improvement activities including GEMBA and Kaizen and 6s programs.
- Perform additional duties related to specific area assignments when requested.
The successful candidate must have graduated from High School or equivalent G.E.D. and 5+ years of experience with calibration of tools and equipment used to calibrate.
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing Supermic’ s, temperature probes, weights, timing devices, thread gage set masters, Jo blocks, etc. in the performance of calibrating T&E.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and make adjustments to bring T&E to acceptable conditions.
- A working knowledge of T&E including cleaning repairing and calibrating.
- Have a basic knowledge of ISO/AS procedures.
- Must be able to read and understand industry standards.
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management.
- Meticulous with high attention to detail.
- Must have basic PC fundamentals.
- Significant experience working directly with internal/external customers and suppliers.