111 CORNING RD, SUITE 200 Cary, NC 27518
- This position performs a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phase of each type of project.
- Drawings and specifications are prepared and submitted to clients and regulatory agencies.
- The incumbent has advanced knowledge of a subject area or discipline, and acts as subject matter expert.
- He/she integrates understanding of emerging business/industry trends and implications for own area.
- This is a career level position with some superervisory/formal lead responsibility over a group of engineers and functions as a technical specialist who develops and applies advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems.
- This individual shall also posses permitting skills and working with a variety of Regulatory Agencies.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and regulatory agencies.
- Minimum 8 years experience providing commercial / industrial civil sitework design including leading and directing activities of other civil engineers, designers, and drafters to meet project schedule.
- Multiple years experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D or InRoads, StormCAD, Civil Storm and other Bentley/Haestad programs is preferred.
- Candidate must have significant AutoCAD skills/capabilities including working with multiple master files, attaching and manipulating xref files, working with multiple scales, and viewports.
- Experience with underground utility design including preparing plan and profiles for roadways, railroads, water and sewer systems.
- Emphasis in supervision/preparing grading plans, performing earthwork calculations, drainage/stormwater calculations, and preparing permit applications is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with design team members, project management, and client contacts is required.