Civil Engineer-Site Development
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192 US
Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager
The Senior Civil Engineer will be in charge of civil engineering design of various land development projects including commercial, industrial, park district, educational, and residential developments. Additionally the Senior Civil engineer will be responsible for project budget, schedule, permitting and overall project management of the project.
- Analyze long range plans, survey reports, maps, and other data in order to plan projects
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in planning the stages of, and risk analysis for, a project
- Compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies, verifying that projects comply with various regulations
- Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility
- Use design software to plan and design transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures in line with industry and government standards
- Prepare storm water management models, calculations and the design of storm water management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Civil 3D
- Extensive Storm Water Management Design Experience
- 10-15 years of design and permitting experience in Land Development
- 10-15 years of experience in storm water management design
- Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois