5000 Elk River Rd South Elkview, WV 20571
- Position Summary Position is for a Civil, Structural, Architectural Engineer.
- The successful candidate will assume a lead engineering role in the execution of Civil, Structural, and Architectural work packages.
- Role requires coordination of both internal design work and outsourced engineering with basic guidance and direction.
- Depending on the project, the candidate will be involved in the engineering work of proposal (FEL), detail engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, and commissioning.
- Responsible for the engineering analysis, calculations, and specifications for civil, structural, and architectural engineering necessary for design packages to procure, fabricate, and construct different projects.
- Front End Loading (FEL)
- Coordinate with design team to prepare optimized design concept for foundations, equipment structures, and buildings for new facilities and revamps of existing facilities
- Generate design sketches for feasibility studies and estimates quantities of civil and structural materials
- Estimate engineering hours internal resources
- Develop engineering criteria or basis of design documents based on current codes and standards
- Coordinate with design team in the preparation of drawings for civil, structural, building designs
- Prepare specifications related to civil, structural, and building designs (geotechnical investigation, geophysical survey, site preparation, fabrication packages, construction packages, etc.)
- Participate in 30%, 60%, 90%, and constructability design reviews
- Perform engineering analysis and calculations for civil and structural designs for industrial structures (base plates, foundation anchor bolts, columns, stacks, ducts, heat exchanger and vessel support design, modular construction considering dead, wind, live, seismic loads in accordance with IBC, ASCE-7, ACI-318, and other relevant codes
- Responsible for building code compliance, ADA requirements, zoning and permit applications
- Review vendor and shop drawings for civil, structural, and architectural materials (piling, civil, steel structures, HVAC, and buildings)
- Support reliability engineering and mechanical integrity efforts in engineering analysis and design of civil, structural, and building components
- Prepare specifications and compile bid packages and coordinate with procurement from initial quotation to order execution for steel structures, foundations, buildings, HVAC, and other civil, structural, or architectural related components
- Interface directly with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Prepare specifications and compile bid packages for subcontracts involving the installation of civil, structural, architectural items
- Coordinate with on-site construction management to identify, analyzing, and resolving engineering issues across multiple disciplines
- Bachelor' s or Master' s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience as structural, civil, or architectural engineer (positions are filled at level commensurate with experience)
- Detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as to lead and participate on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience in all project phases (FEED, detailed engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning)
- Team-oriented focus with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills across all levels within the company as well as organizations outside the company
- Positive attitude with ability to adapt and respond quickly to changes and work schedule to accommodate project specific needs
- Practical and results oriented, demonstrating an ability to successfully drive multiple concurrent projects to successful completion under short time constraints
- Ability to plan and execute project tasks as it relates to civil, structural, and architectural disciplines
- Working knowledge of civil and structural design software (RAM, RISA, STAAD Pro, SmartPlant® Review, Navisworks, Bentley Autoplant, AutoCAD, MicroStation)
- Professional Engineering (PE) License
- Experience in a refinery or chemical process plant engineering as well as an understanding of codes and regulations pertaining to facility design and engineering
- Familiarity with engineering design process including package preparation, design reviews, customer/supplier interface, and construction experience
- Experience specifying steel, civil, and architectural components
- Experience performing calculations and reviewing drawings for structural and civil disciplines
- Experience working with local municipalities on permit requirements and managing submittal requirements
- Experience in design of modularized process piping and equipment