Cloud Engineer - Middleware
Denver, CO 80112
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience administrating an enterprise application server platform such as WebLogic, WebSpere, Tomcat, or JBoss.
- Hands on experience with AWS (CloudFormation) or OpenStack Cloud technologies.
- Experience in authoring and developing scripts/tools for Continuous Integration Continuous Deployments for Containers.
- Ability to work on distributed remote agile teams with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to drive interaction with customers, peer developers and project managers.
- Strong technical and software engineering background in the areas of cloud computing, enterprise computing, servers, networking, and virtualization technology and products.
- 24 X 7 on-call production support.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Travel up to 10%.
- U.S. government position. U.S. citizenship required.
- Solid understanding of secure communications for web applications (PKI, SSL, TLS).
- Scripting experience – Python, Groovy, bash, Perl, WLST.
- Experience with most if not all of the following components of AWS: VPC, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, Redshift, DirectConnect, RDS, SNS, SQS, Lambda.
- Orchestration and resource management such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, OpsWorks, etc.
- Performance and capacity analysis across multi-tier application environments.
- Fluent in Linux (RedHat/CentOS/Amazon) administration.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies.
- Continuous integration tools: Jenkins/Maven, Bamboo.
- Software load balancer/proxy: NGINX, HAProxy.
- Source control tools: Git, Artifactory, SVN, etc.
- Monitoring/logging: TICK/Grafana, ELK, Splunk, NagiosXI, GroundWorks.
- SOX/PCI compliance and audit experience.