Cloud Operations Engineer
14288 Danielson Street San Diego, CA 92064 | Direct Placement
Our Cloud Engineer will help lead the transition from bare metal services to deployment in AWS. This role is part sysadmin, part project manager, and part lead engineer on a small and collaborative team of about six people at VoIP provider to small business customers.
- Lead new architecture: Plan and partner with Director to ensure migration of servers to AWS cloud.
- Keep the lights on/legacy systems: Maintain current bare metal servers including patch management, upgrades, configuring system access, etc
- DevOps automation: Be the team leader/mentor on creating scripts (Puppet or Ansible) and mentoring others in scripting.
- Accept other projects as assigned related to VoIP service, system upgrades, fraud prevention, etc
- 3-5+ years in depth experience with Linux, preferably Ubuntu or Debian, CentOS, RedHat.
- AWS experience.
- 1+ year experience with DB ( MySQL preferably, installation and configuration).
- Knowledge in scripting (Bash, Python, Perl, etc.).
- Experience with Virtualization technologies, preferably Proxmox or KVM, VMWare useful.
- 2+ years’ experience in DevOps configuration/automation, preferably Puppet or Ansible.
- VoIP experience a plus.